Canberra Family Law Registry
Nigel Bowen Commonwealth Law Courts Building
Cnr University Ave and Childers Street, Canberra ACT 2600
GPO Box 9991 Canberra 2601
DX Box: DX 5652 Canberra
Phone: 1300 352 000 Fax: (02) 6257 1586
Phones available: 8:30am - 5pm
Counter open: 8:45am - 4:30pm
Canberra Family Law Registry provides registry services to both the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court which include:
- lodgement of documents
- providing procedural advice and responding to enquiries
- mail handling
- listing of cases
How to get there
- The Childers Street Commonwealth Law Courts is located on the corner of Childers Street and University Avenue, adjacent to the Australian National University campus.
- The Complex is easily accessible by bus with the Civic Action bus interchange a 10 minute walk from the building, with stops closer by for some routes.
What facilities are available
- Public telephones and public toilets, including disabled facilities, are located on the ground floor.
- Wheelchair access to the building is via the external courtyard off Childers Street. Lifts with disabled access all floors of the building.
- Interpreters can be arranged in advance by contacting the Registry on 1300 352 000. Hearing loops and video conferencing are also available.
- Special security arrangements may be made in advance by contacting the Registry on 1300 352 000.
- Food is not sold in the building, although there are soft-drinks machines in the building. There are a number of cafes near the building, at the Australian National University and in the near-by city centre.
- There is a public car park opposite the building which can be accessed from Childers Street.
- Disabled parking, short-term parking and Commonwealth parking is available along Childers Street immediately adjacent the entrance to the building.