Through the Commonwealth Courts Portal (www.comcourts.gov.au), clients and legal practitioners can eFile certain family law documents. This service is available 24 hours a day and allows you to file at your own convenience.
Features of eFiling
- available 24 hours a day
- the ability to file at your own convenience
- the option of selecting a court date to suit your personal circumstances
- the ability to see all documents on your file and view your court hearing date online
- the ability to save your part-completed application and come back to it for up to 30 days
- payment of application fees by credit card (note: law firms can enquire about establishing a direct debit arrangement by contacting the court on 1300 352 000)
- registration with the Commonwealth Courts Portal is free.
Currently litigants and legal practitioners can eFile:
- divorce and supplementary documents, and
- Initiating applications, and
- Response to initiation applications
For more information see the user guides in related links below.
Commonwealth Courts Portal logo
The logo appears on all forms that can be eFiled and brochures that relate to eFiling.