Street Address

Level 1, Supreme Court Building, State Square, Darwin NT

Opening Hours

8:45am - 4:30pm

Postal Address

GPO Box 9991, Darwin NT 0801


See relevant addresses provided below


1300 352 000

Phone Hours

8:30am - 5:00pm


(08) 8981 6081

Enquiries relating to: bankruptcymigrationhuman rightsindustrial law and other matters.

Street Address Level 2 (Registry services on Ground floor), Supreme Court Building, State Square, Darwin
Phone (08) 8941 2333
Phone Hours 8:30am - 5:00pm
Fax (08) 8941 4941
Opening Hours 9.00am - 4.00pm

The Federal Circuit Court of Australia shares facilities with the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia.

Entrance front of building State Square
Limited one hour free parking in front of building
Darwin City Bus Terminal 150 metres
Two hour on-street paid parking Smith St 50 metres
West Lane Multistorey Carpark (entry to West Lane off Bennett Street) 200 metres
Disabled Parking Mitchell Street in front of NT Library 50 metres
Taxi rank Knuckey Street end of Smith Street Mall 300 metres

General enquiries

Information about filing and family law procedures

Procedural information about your case

Family law forms and publications



Commonwealth Courts Portal Support

For information go to the Commonwealth Courts Portal brochure.

For information go to the Commonwealth Courts Portal brochure.

Proof of divorce I need to prove we are divorced – how do I do that?  
Registry enquiries

Lost property

Request for a lawyer code

Request availability of a file for file viewing or subpoena viewing (you should check that leave has been granted through the Commonwealth Courts Portal prior to sending a request to inspect a subpoena)

Family Court of Australia case file information – parties/lawyers

Lawyers providing conciliation conference documents – Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia

Follow up enquiries for consent orders and urgent applications

Divorce hearing – requests to attend by telephone and adjournment.

Child Dispute Services

Confirm appointments.

Request to cross-examine a family consultant or regulation 7 provider.

Federal Circuit Court of Australia To contact Federal Circuit Court of Australia chambers please refer to Communicating with Judges' Chambers and contact details.  

No public telephones available.

Registry services on ground floor.

Courtrooms on level 4.

Justice of the Peace available by appointment. Otherwise all documents should be signed, witnessed and photocopied before attending the registry.

Bathrooms, including disabled facilities, located on ground floor.

Parents’ room with changing facilities for babies located on the ground floor.

Wheelchair access available via the main entrance on State Square.

Lift access available to all public floors.

Hearing loops available by contacting the registry in advance – email and postal address information above.

No childcare available. Any enquiries in relation to appointments including children should be in writing by email or post to the registry.

For copies of transcripts contact Auscript.

Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission can provide assistance to self-represented litigants through services such as free legal advice clinics, referrals (including direct referrals to family dispute resolution and private lawyers), assistance with applying for legal aid, duty lawyer assistance, document preparation and ongoing representation if legal aid is granted.

For more information see Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission website or contact the Legal Aid Helpline on 1800 019 343


Federal Circuit Court duty dates – see court lists.

Location: Ground floor





The counter is currently closed. Opening hours are between 8:45 Hrs and 4:30 Hrs.

Clients waiting

Approx Wait Time

It is important to obtain some independent legal advice in relation to your situation. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities. They can also explain how the law applies to your case. A lawyer may also be able to help you reach an agreement without going to court. The court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so could seriously compromise the court's ability to impartially determine a case if a person then applies to the court seeking orders.
The Family Relationship Advice Line (FRAL) can help you with free legal advice and information about services available to assist anybody with family relationship issues - call 1800 050 321 (+61 7 3423 6878 if you are overseas). You should advise FRAL that you are seeking legal advice and they will take your details and a lawyer will call you back. FRAL will advise you of a timeframe on the call back, you should advise if it is urgent.
Alternatively, the Australian government funds a range of legal assistance services that may be able to assist you, including Legal Aid Commissions and individual Community Legal Centres, which offer free and low cost advice. Information to assist with finding legal services is available from the Attorney-General's Department website.