Counselling, information and referral
Publications and products
Separation and stress
Separated parents and tough times
Do you have fears for your safety?
- Auseinet - Australian Network for Promotion, Prevention and Early Intervention for Mental Health. View archived Ausienet publications on the National Library of Australia's Pandora archive.
- Australian Child and Adolescent Trauma, Loss and Grief Network – a network linking people across Australia concerned with the trauma, loss and grief experiences of children and adolescents.
- Australian Mental Health Outcomes and Classification Network (AMHOCN) – provides national leadership in the development of outcomes and casemix concepts in mental health.
- beyondblue (the national depression initiative) – provides national leadership to increase community awareness, prevention and early intervention of depression and related illnesses.
- Black Dog Institute – a not-for-profit, educational, research, clinical and community-oriented facility offering specialist expertise in depression and bipolar disorder.
- Children of Parents with a Mental Illness – promotes better mental health outcomes for children whose parents have a mental illness.
- Clinical Research Unit for Anxiety and Depression (CRUfAD) – information and research on anxiety and depression for consumers and doctors.
- Headspace (National Youth Mental Health Foundation) – provides health advice, support and information to young Australians aged 12-25.
- healthdirect – provides a range of free health services on behalf of the governments of Australia.
- Helping Children with Autism – information on items in the Medicare Benefits Schedule; funding for training teachers and supporting playgroups; and early intervention and individual assistance packages for children and their families.
- Kids Help Line – provides a free 24 hour national telephone and online counselling service for young people aged between 5 and 25 in Australia.
- KidsMatter – supports mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention for children through universal, evidence-based primary school and early childhood programs.
- Lifeline Australia – the peak body for Lifeline Centres which provide telephone counselling, and information, referral and associated services in local areas.
- Living is for Everyone (LIFE) – suicide and self-harm prevention in Australia.
- Mental Health in Multicultural Australia (MHiMA) – builds awareness of mental health and suicide prevention amongst Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Mental Health Professionals Network – supports collaboration in Australia's primary mental health sector by fostering local interdisciplinary networks of mental health professionals.
- Mental health services in Australia – a website of the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare providing information about the national response to the mental health care needs of Australians.
- Mindframe National Media Initiative – information about suicide and mental illness and the portrayal of these issues in the news media and on stage and screen in Australia.
- mindhealthconnect – national e-mental health online portal.
- MindMatters – the national mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention initiative for Australian secondary schools.
- MindSpot clinic – telephone 1800 61 44 34 - a national clinic that provides free online and telephone assessment and treatment for Australian adults with stress, worry, anxiety, low mood or depression.
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC) – a voluntary collaboration that brings together eating disorders stakeholders and experts in mental health, public health, health promotion, education, research and the media to help develop a nationally consisent approach to eating disorders in Australia.
- National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum – the national voice for consumers and carers participating in the development of mental health policy and sector development in Australia.
- National Mental Health Service Planning Framework (NMHSPF) – developing a population based planning model for mental health.
- ReachOut.com – a youth mental health service providing practical tools, forums and information in a safe and anonymous online environment.
- Response Ability – aims to better prepare student teachers and children's services workers in mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention through the use of multi-media packages in Australian tertiary institutions.
- SANE forums – provide peer support for people living with a mental illness or related mental health issues, and for family, friends and other carers.
- StigmaWatch – promotes accurate, respectful and sensitive reporting of mental illness and suicide in the media.