The court may make a recovery order if your child has been taken from you or has not been returned to your care. A recovery order can require the return of a child or authorise a person who is named in the order, such as the police to take appropriate action to recover a child and deliver the child to you.

You can apply for a recovery order if you have been granted a parenting order or you are a person concerned with the care, welfare and development of the child.

If the Court makes an order for the recovery of a child, the applicant will need to complete the following Recovery Order Information Sheet.