The National Enquiry Centre (NEC) is the entry point for all family law enquiries in the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
The NEC can assist with:
- information about how to apply to court
- procedural information about your case
- general information about family law forms, fact sheets and other publications
- copies of divorce orders, and
- general information and help signing up to the Commonwealth Courts Portal, including eFiling.
Although staff are available to assist with a range of matters, they cannot give you legal advice. If you require legal advice, you should contact a lawyer through:
- legal aid
- a community legal centre, or
- a private law firm.
There are services available to help families deal with separation issues without going to court. If you are affected by family relationship or separation issues and do not have a case before the Court, call the Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321 or visit familyrelationships.gov.au
Open: 8.30am to 5.00pm ~ Monday to Friday
Web: Live Chat on the websites
Phone: 1300 352 000 (except WA)*for individuals living in WA contact the Family Court of Western Australia
National Relay Service: relayservice.gov.au or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727
International: +61 2 8892 8578
Fax: (02) 8892 8585
NOTE: The email service cannot be used to file any court documents.
National Enquiry Centre
PO Box 9991
Parramatta NSW 2124